Mini Mushroom Tarts
Tart dough:
2 1/2 cups flour, sifted
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup cold butter
1/3 cup sour cream
1 egg, slightly beaten
Sift flour and add salt to a large bowl. Cut in butter (I grate mine with a cheese grater and then use a pastry cutter or a fork to mix with flour) until mixture is crumbly. Stir in sour cream and slightly beaten egg.
While tart cups are baking make Mushroom filling:
3/4 lb mushrooms, diced ( I used about 7 Large mushrooms)
1 bunch green onions, diced
1/4 cup butter
pepper to taste
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup flour
1 cup whipping cream
Dice mushrooms and green onions. Melt butter in pan on stove and sautee mushrooms and green onions. Sprinkle with flour, salt, and pepper. Mix together and then add cream, stirring continually while cooking on the stove. Cook until cream thickens. Remove from heat and spoon into baked tart shells. Yeilds 36-40 tarts.
I also made a dessert tart today that I have previously posted: Pear Tart. (Sorry for the crappy picture on this one...it is really tasty and stays together better than it looks!)
No comments:
Post a Comment