Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pear Tart


I had 3 pears that were getting to soft to eat so I decided I better find a way to use them. In the "World-wide Ward Cookbook" there is a recipe called, "Penelope's Pear Tart". I didn't follow the recipe exactly because I was missing a couple things, but what I did throw together was pretty delicious.

Here is my version, if you want the real version I encourage you to check out the cookbook, it's awesome!

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup cold butter cut into cubes
6 Tbsp. ice water

Mix flour and salt, cut in butter until crumbly. Add ice water 1 tbsp at a time and knead together dough. Roll out into large circle and press into a pie or tart pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes then cool completely.

1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp lime peel
3 pears sliced up into thin slices.
(I have also used 1Tbsp orange juice and cut out the lime juice/peel and it's great)

Mix flour and sugar well, add sour cream, vanilla, lime juice, and lime peel. Blend all together and spread over cooled crust, saving a small amount. Lay slices of pear over cream mixture. Spread remaining amount over pears. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes until crust is brown and cream is bubbling. Cool completely and pour over warm caramel.

No comments:

Post a Comment