Thursday, April 21, 2011

Butterfly Decoration

I had so much fun with the USA felt pillow, I decided to once again follow up on a project I liked online.  I had recieved the beautiful Madeline Collection by Prima in my Coordinates Collection kit and had been wondering what to do with the pretty little butterflies, when I saw this on Write Click Scrapbook...

Cheryl Overton and put the collection together and I loved it.  So here is my version (which just so happens to match my wood butterflies I picked up last year!)...


The quote is one by the Persian poet Hafiz, "Ever since happiness heard your name, it has been running through the streets trying to find you."

Yay for Spring!

4 comments:

  1. Love it Jill! :) Those wood butterflies go perfectly with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dude,

    Wow so beautiful! Butterfly decor is very fascinating as there are many ways in which the butterfly can be used for home, garden, and office decorations. It can take the form of many different colors, shapes and sizes. A variety of fabrics and materials can also be used in preparing butterfly decorations. Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, can i have info on how you did it please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a 5.5inch by 8 in piece of chip board. The stamped letters was with a provo craft "ectetera" rolling stamp in Circa font, stamped with white ink onto Brazzil brand brown cardstock cut the same size as the card stock. The butterfly paper (Prima brand) was cut into 5"x5.5" piece and covered the base of the cardstock. The Green ribbon is a self adhesive Prima brand ribbon. The butterfly punches are from a Studio Calico kit I had, but you could punch butterflys with a Martha Stewart punch from the same paper or coordinating colors. I bent each wing up and then placed the butterflies with pop-dot adhesives.

      Delete