Monday, August 10, 2009

beginning scrapbooker

sorry it's been awhile...I threw a bunch of parties, moved, and have been working a lot. I have some new goals for this site that I will go into later, but on a side note I spent the afternoon today teaching some beginning scrapbooking. My friends are hosting a 15 year old girl from Kryzacistan (spelling? who knows! It is between Armenia and Russia). She instintly fell in love with the idea of scrapbooking (who wouldn't) and wanted to start. After buying a lot of random stuff and printing off tons of pictures she was ready to go. Except she had never even heard of scrapbooking or done anything of the sort. It was a very interesting afternoon of teaching some basic principles of design, and trying to explain with her limited English level what different supplies were and how to use them. But hey she finish 1 layout!! It was a good start, and well see how it goes over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment