Sunday, February 22, 2009

encyclopedia/dictionary idea

in the latest issue of Simple Scrapbooks there was an article about creating a personal "Encyclopedia of an ordinary life." The basic idea is to list 4-5 things (or really however many you want depending on the length of the book you want) for each letter of the alphabet to describe your life and then talk about them. Throw on a couple of pictures and you have a simple and super meaningful book. I really like this idea for a couple of reasons...
1. I am terrible at journaling, but it has been really fun to write a few words down about a lot of random things.
2. It uses up some of those extra pictures you have laying around.

I'll post an example when I finish one, but here is an example of things I listed for a couple of letters. a shorter way to do this would be to change it into a dictionary, with just a sentence or 2 about each word, and how it defines you.

ex. B- Blog, Barbies, Blue, Berry flavors, Brynn, basketball
N-Nurse, Naughty or Nice, Nursing school

To check out the inspiration for this scrapbook see "the encyclopedia of an ordinary life" website.

No comments:

Post a Comment