I am pretty picky about potato salads, I usually think it sounds good and then I am almost always dissapointed.
My roommate made this recipe today and I was pleasently surprised so I thought I better mark it down. It is a bit sweeter than traditional potato salad, but had a nice variety of flavors. I also believe that you can toss in whatever you want to salads so I will just give the dressing recipe.
7 potatoes cooked, peeled, and cubed
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
4 Tbsp butter
1 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup onion, chopped
Combine sugar and cornstartch in a saucepan. Add vinegar, milk, egg, butter, celery seed, salt, and dry mustard. Cook over a low heat, stirring continually until thick and bubbly. Stir in the mayo and chopped onion. Cool. Gently fold sauce over potatoes. Add additional stuff and refridgerate until ready to serve.
Stuff :
3-5 hard boiled eggs, chopped
small cubes of cheddar cheese
salt, pepper, paprika
a little bit of mustard to taste
chopped celery
1/2 cup dill pickle relish or chopped pickles

No comments:
Post a Comment