Sunday, March 6, 2011

New 52 recipe: Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad

I made this salad for Rachel's bachelorette party yesterday, and since I had never made it before it is my new 52 for the week...

This was actually a lot easier than I imagined and quite good. 

Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad

1 package (10-12 oz) uncooked pasta (butterfly, rotini, or macaroni)
3 oz or 2/3 cup real bacon bits (10 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 package (3 Tbsp) dry ranch dressing mix
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 large tomato, finely diced
1 can sliced olives
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer medium or sharp for the flavor to reach over the seasoning)


Boil pasta 10-12 minutes until al dente.  Drain and set aside to cool.  Mix together mayo, ranch mix, garlic powder and salt in a small bowl.  Dice tomato.  Add to pasta the tomato, olives, bacon, and cheese, tossing together.  Pour over and stir in mayo dressing mix.  Refrigerate for 1 hour to overnight.  Has approx. 12  servings, 1 cup each.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so good! Want to send me some bacon and Ranch Dressing mix?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy, thanks for sharing your NEW52.

    ReplyDelete