I am trying to incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet but I have a hard time using them before they go bad. in experiementing ways to use zucchini I found a recipe for Blueberry and Zucchini bread. Blueberries are really good right now so I thought that sounded fun. I changed it up into muffins and added some oats. They turned out really well!
2 eggs
2/3 cup veg. oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 and 1/3 cup shredded zucchini (1 large or 2 small)
1 and 1/2 cup flour (I used white all-purpose flour)
1 cup oats
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1-2 cups blueberries
Beat together eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in shredded zucchini. Beat in salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir in flour and oats. Fold in blueberries. Bake in a lined muffin tin at 350 degrees for approx. 20 minutes. Makes 24 muffins.
If made as bread loaves bake for approx. 50 minutes and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes prior to removing from greased bread pan.
2/3 cup veg. oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 and 1/3 cup shredded zucchini (1 large or 2 small)
1 and 1/2 cup flour (I used white all-purpose flour)
1 cup oats
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1-2 cups blueberries
Beat together eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in shredded zucchini. Beat in salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir in flour and oats. Fold in blueberries. Bake in a lined muffin tin at 350 degrees for approx. 20 minutes. Makes 24 muffins.
If made as bread loaves bake for approx. 50 minutes and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes prior to removing from greased bread pan.
No comments:
Post a Comment