I LOVE strawberry freezer jam, but have never tried to make it. It's so easy and delicious I wish I would have made this a long time ago.
With strawberries on sale right now it was a good deal, especially because I found Pectin on sale as well. For about 5 pints it cost around $6.00 to make (minus cost of containers).
2 cups crushed strawberries (I have heard other crushed fruit is good as well but have never tried it) The strawberries should be fresh.
3-4 cups sugar
3/4 cup water
1 (1.75oz) package pectin
Crush strawberries and stir together with sugar. I said 3-4 cups because it depends on how ripe and sweet your strawberries are...mine were not that sweet (I was too impatient to wait a couple of days) so I used the 4 cups.
Let stand for 10 minutes.
Stir together Pectin and water and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute than stir into strawberry mixture. Allow to stand for 3-5 minutes than pour into jars/containers. Cover with lids and stand at room temp for 24 hours. Freeze or refridgerate as desired. Lasts at least a year in freezer and around a month in the fridge (if it lasts that long before everyone has eaten it!!).
No comments:
Post a Comment