Saturday, November 14, 2009

Something Delightful

I've been slow at updating this as of late. But it is finally snowing here in Utah so I am feeling a bit more festive with the upcoming holidays. Thanksgiving is a time of gathering together. Something delicious, warm, sweet, and it feeds many people should be on the menu. I've been craving this too so here is my friend Toni's recipe for Monkey Bread (rename it gratitude bread and say something you are grateful for with each piece...ta da great activity and snack for kids).


This recipe is SO EASY.

4 cans of biscuits (the exploding can kind)
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
Cinnamon and sugar mix

Cut all biscuits in fourths and roll each piece in cinnamon sugar.
Place in well greased bundt pan (I have only tried this in a bundt pan but I would assume you could do a smaller version in a regular bread pan).
Melt butter and sugar together on the stove until boiling.
Pour over biscuit pieces in the bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.
Turn over onto plate, cool slightly, and pull apart to eat and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment