I call these Ghost in the Graveyard cupcakes because they have a yummy surprise cream cheese filling. They have also been called Black Bottom Cupcakes.
1 (80z) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/3 cup white sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup minature chocolate chips
Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, and salt until there are no more lumps. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup water
1/3 cup veg. oil
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center and add water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Stir together until blended.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line or grease muffin tin. Pour chocoalte into muffin tin until 1/3 full. Add a spoonful of cream cheese mixture to the center.
Bake for 25 minutes. Frost with chocolate frosting if desired.
mmm I'm gonna try these! I'm all about baking now and cooking--can't get enough of it!!!
ReplyDelete