Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blueberry Pigs

Blueberry pigs are a new creation I discovered yesterday, when I made them as Alyssa's birthday cake. Originally they are a blueberry filled pie crust rolled up. My version is slightly different, not as messy, but just as good.

Start with some pie-crust dough. You can make it, or to be quick and easy I just bought it. Spread the dough to be approximately 1/8 inch thick. Cut into circles the size of a standard ceral bowl. For extra goodness spread nutella all over the circle leaving a 1 inch border. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of blueberries (or any berries) in the center of the circle and sprinkle with sugar. Sliver up some butter and put a few on top of the berries. Fold circle in half to make a mini-pie. Slit x3 on top and seal edge with a fork press. Bake at 350 until brown approx. 30 minutes. Serve cold or hot with whip cream or vanilla ice cream! Enjoy!

Note: Remember that blueberries swell, so to avoid bursting don't over fill. Remember Violet in Willy Wonka??

No comments:

Post a Comment