Cranberry Apple Pie:
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1/4 tsp salt
4 apples (I used Fugi) peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
2 cups fresh cranberries
zest of 1 orange
Pie crust of choice (2 layers)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a bowl toss apples, cranberries, zest. In a smaller bowl mix together sugar, flour, and salt. Toss sugar mixture with apple mixture.
For extra looks I brushed top crust with egg white wash (One egg white beat with a tablespoon of water) and sprinkled with Sugar in the raw (large sugar crystals).
Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 40-50 more minutes. After 20 minutes at 350 degrees my pie rim was browning so I covered the edges with aluminum foil to prevent burning. Bake until apples soft when poked with a fork and crust baked and browned.
Mini Peach Pies:
These pies are total cheater pies. I used Pillsbury premade pie crust and canned peach pie filling. 1 box of crust and 1 large can of filling makes 12 cupcake sized pies.
I rolled the crust out a bit and used a cup mouth to cut the bottom crust. Then I pressed that crust into the cupcake tin and filled with peach pie filling. I used a round biscuit cutter for the top crust and used a small heart cookie cutter to cut out the bottom. for a few top crusts I used four of the cut out hearts to form a little flower on top instead of a round crust. I layered the top crust on, brush with egg white wash, and sprinkled with sugar in the raw. Baked at 350 degrees for 30-50 minutes, just watched for browning. These are super good warmed with some vanilla ice cream.




No comments:
Post a Comment