Thursday, March 7, 2013

Eggplant Parmesan

I had never bought or used Eggplant but it was really cheap a couple of weeks ago at Winco and I remembered that any time I had eaten Eggplant Parmesan I liked it so why not make some.



This ended up being very easy!  I adapted a recipe from allrecipes.com.  My adaptation is for an 8x8 pan.

Eggplant Parmesan
1 medium-large eggplant, peeled and sliced
1 egg, beaten
1 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Prego Spaghetti sauce of choice
1/4 grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp dry basil
 
Slice eggplant into 1/3 inch slices.  Dip each slice in the beaten egg and then in bread crumbs.  Lay on lightly greased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until browned and tender.
 
 
In an 8x8 pan spread a layer of sauce on bottom.  Layer eggplant on top of sauce and sprinkle with some mozzarella cheese and some parmesan cheese (I like a lot of cheese so I didn't write amounts.  Suggested amount for whole recipe is 8 oz).  Layer sauce on top of cheese, and repeat with eggplant, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese until pan is full.  End with cheese on top.  Sprinkle with basil.
 
Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven (350 degrees) for 30-40 minutes, removing foil for last 5-10 minutes.  Serve with pasta or breadsticks.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment