Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Celebrate 2012: J.R.R. Tolkien Day

January 3, 2012



To celebrate J.R.R. Tolkien day I made Shire Chicken Noodle Soup and "The One Roll to Rule Them All"...

Shire Chicken Noodle Soup:

1 Tbsp Butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
4 (14.5 oz) can Chicken broth
1 (14.5oz) can Vegetable broth
1/2 lb cooked and chopped chicken breast
2 cups skinny egg noodles or 1 1/2 cup wide egg noodles
1 cup sliced carrots
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
salt and pepper to taste

In a large stock pot melt butter and sautee celery and onion for 3-5 minutes until tender.  Add chicken and stir.  Pour in broths, carrots, basil, and oregano.  Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.  Salt and Pepper to taste.  Makes approx. 12 cups/12 servings.  Worth 1 Weight Watchers point plus per serving.



The One Roll, is a GIANORMOUS Cinnamon Roll... the recipe with really good instructions is found at Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  I also used her Buttermilk Cream cheese frosting recipe.


For other ideas check this out:  E-How's LOTR Party ideas.

“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

No comments:

Post a Comment