Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Berry Cupcakes

This is a recipe I adapted from the Strawberry Cake by the Cake Doctor.

1 french vanilla or yellow cake mix
2 cups mixed berries
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
4 eggs

Puree mixed berries.  Beat together berries, oil, milk, and egg.  Mix in cake mix.  Bake as three 8-inch rounds, or 30 cupcakes at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.

Tastes awesome with Cream cheese icing:  1/4 cup butter at room temp, 1 (8oz) package cream cheese at room temp, 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla--whip all ingredients together.  Normally I would frost with the cream cheese frosting and top with a fresh berry.

I served mine as Diva cupcakes to represent Rachel Berry on the show Glee.  Since she loves gold stars I frosted mine with vanilla frosting, sprinkled with Wilton's Gold glitter sprinkles and topped with a gold star.


Krystal made the awesome Slushee cup cakes as inspired by here.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I feel so honored to have something that I made make it onto your recipe blog :) your berry cupcakes were so good! Can't wait for our next glee party!

    ReplyDelete