
Inspired by the "Leaky Cauldron Pinwheels" used for my Harry Potter party and inspired by my friend Kellie from work who gave me the idea in the first place I give you pinwheels...
I bought loaves of frozen dough by Rhodes for mine but any basic bread recipe will do.
1. Roll out dough (after risen)
2. Fill with filling of choice (see below for ideas)
3. Roll up dough.
4. Cut like you are cutting cinnamon rolls.
5. Lay into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until brown.
Basically they are dinner cinnamon rolls...
Filling ideas:
1. Pizza. sauce dough and add toppings and cheese. Roll tightly.
2. Spinach and artichoke dip... Make a spinach and artichoke dip and layer that onto rolled out dough. Roll tightly to avoid too much leakage. I also thought adding chicken to this would be nice.
3. Beef and onion. Brown beef and sautee onion. Can also add mushrooms.
4. Ham and Cheese. I sliced the ham into the approximate size I was going to slice the rolls. I used kraft singles because they melt nicely.
Basically anything you could put in a roll or pie...this is just another variety!
I bought loaves of frozen dough by Rhodes for mine but any basic bread recipe will do.
1. Roll out dough (after risen)
2. Fill with filling of choice (see below for ideas)
3. Roll up dough.
4. Cut like you are cutting cinnamon rolls.
5. Lay into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until brown.
Basically they are dinner cinnamon rolls...
Filling ideas:
1. Pizza. sauce dough and add toppings and cheese. Roll tightly.
2. Spinach and artichoke dip... Make a spinach and artichoke dip and layer that onto rolled out dough. Roll tightly to avoid too much leakage. I also thought adding chicken to this would be nice.
3. Beef and onion. Brown beef and sautee onion. Can also add mushrooms.
4. Ham and Cheese. I sliced the ham into the approximate size I was going to slice the rolls. I used kraft singles because they melt nicely.
Basically anything you could put in a roll or pie...this is just another variety!
No comments:
Post a Comment